1. Lights at night in major cities are one of the unique attractions.
Just imagine what would Sydney or Paris look like without such wonderful lighting to illuminate the night? They would definitely lose a major part of the romantic appeal that is so frequently associated with these cities. And now improvement in the technology of LED lights is going to completely revolutionise the night-time. Led aluminium extrusion profiles are affordable and are much more efficient as well.However, it seems that the new lights have severe consequences on our health.
2. Our cities have been using the traditional lights for a long time now, and a change was expected with the advent of LED lights.
Replacing the old lights with new LED lightning will save a lot of money since they are very efficient and require less maintenance. [adinserter block=”16″]
3. LED lights also drastically modify the appearance of cities, and provide a better vision at night.
4. The traditional lights were more orange or yellowish.
Although they provided a warm light, they could hardly illuminate the pavement and streets.[adinserter block=”16″]
5. LED lights provide cooler yet brighter lights
Although LED lights seem to be much more advantageous than traditional light, the American Medical Association has warned that these new lights might pose a serious thread on our health. [adinserter block=”16″][adinserter name=”5th page”][adinserter block=”16″]
6. Several citizens living in the cities with the newly installed LED light have started complaining because they are feeling uncomfortable.
California began replacing streetlights with LED but had to stop after some time, since people were complaining a lot about the increased glare from the bright light which was damaging their vision. This happened because a particular colour temperature or CT is harmful for our eyes. [adinserter block=”16″][adinserter name=”6th and multiple”]
7. AMA has suggested that the CTA should not cross 3000K.
Consider this example to understand this threshold better. A candle has a CT of around 1800K, which increases to 2400K for incandescent bulb. Most of LED lights are offering a CT of whooping 4000K and more. Also, LED lights have a blue wavelength which can increase glare. [adinserter block=”16″]
8. The bright lights, which will definitely be helpful in brightening up the night, might be harmful for your retina.
Consider an example. Suppose you are driving at night under those bright lights, and since there is so much glare you aren’t able to see properly increasing your chances of an accident. Suddenly, the LED lights don’t seem so popular anymore. [adinserter block=”16″]
9. Even worse is the fact that these new LEDs are causing immense light pollution, which can create discrepancies in the sleep rhythms of the citizens as well as animals in that city, leading to various diseases.
Hence a few recommendations were made the AMA –LED lightning should definitely be used, but one should ensure that the blue part of the light is kept to a minimum, and it is better if shields are installed to reduce glare and stop any damage to our vision.
[adinserter block=”16″][adinserter name=”last page”]