Kids bounce houses are pretty much everywhere we go. When we go shopping, or go to McDonald’s or even a kids’ party, these joy-jumpers bring much happiness to children, and of course, they go play while you as a parent, get to sit back and relax a bit. But what happens when there is an accident? After all, that happens a lot in this world.
In Massachusetts, a horrified mother by the name of Brenda Sanderson found that red rashes had developed all over her 10-year-old son’s arms. She began to treat the rashes with Neosporin but soon realised that the rashes were only getting worse. Soon they started to spread all the way to her son’s stomach and he started to complain about how sore the rashes were since they were oozing sores now.Source[adinserter block=”16″]
2. Disgusting Sores
The rashes had become so bad that they were oozing pus so she had to rusher poor son all the way to a doctor. The doctor had discovered that he had a Staph infection.Source[adinserter block=”16″]
3. The Cause?
You should be shocked to find out that the cause was a Bouncy Castle. Brenda and her son had gone to a graduation party that had a bouncy castle for the kids. These castles are supposedly child friendly since all adults let them jump on them with happiness. But the thing that made this poor boy get such a bad rash is the fact that sometimes these castles stand out there for days and have hundreds of kids jump on them. And with the high level of activity from jumping up and down for extended periods makes children sweat a lot, and since these castles aren’t always cleaned properly which leads to a high risk of Staph infection.Source[adinserter block=”16″]
4. Under The Microscope
Being a child, the boy probably had an open wound or scratched his arm somewhere and then proceeded to jump around on the castle using up all his energy jumping up and down and then contracted the infection. Here you can see the Staphylococcus Bacteria up close under a microscope.Source[adinserter block=”16″]
5. Traumatic Experience
This boy now has to live with this terrible experience for the rest of his life, maybe he will end up never getting on a bouncy castle ever again. So how to prevent something like this happening to your child? Just make sure that they have no cuts or open wounds on them, and if there are, make sure you disinfect and bandage them up properly. Or you know, just don’t let your kids on a jumping castle!Source[adinserter block=”16″][adinserter name=”last page”]