Currently, Japan has a population of over 126 million people, making it the 10th most populated country in the world. It is famous for being one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world. It is no secret that they have to face several earthquakes each year, yet they lead a much disciplined life. Check out these top 10 facts which will fill your heart with respect for the country.
1. 25% of Japan’s population is over 65 years old, which amounts to approximately 32 million people. Moreover, there are around 40,000 people who are over 100 years old. The oldest person alive right now is Misao Okawa(117 years old) who lives in Japan.
2. Shooting is nearly absent in Japan. Homicides involving firearms are very rare in Japan.
3. The entire country is extremely punctually. In fact, its trains follow its schedule very tightly – average delay is less than 18 seconds.
4. Japan has to face 4 earthquakes on an average per day, totalling 1,500 per year.
5. Both students and teachers together clean the cafes and classrooms in their schools, irrespective of anyone’s status.
6. Illiterate people are negligible in Japan, evident form their 99% literacy rate.
Source[adinserter block=”16″][adinserter name=”6th and multiple”]
7. Ōkunoshima is an island in Japan, dedicated to rabbits.
8. Their unemployment rate is also low, which is obvious if the literacy rate is taken into consideration. They have an unemployment rate of only 4%.
9. There is hardly any immigration happening in Japan. Their immigration rate is nearly 0%.
10. This is probably the best among all the above facts – they allow sleeping at jobs, since they consider that to be an indication of your hard work.
Source[adinserter block=”16″][adinserter name=”last page”]