Currently, Japan has a population of over 126 million people, making it the 10th most populated country in the world. It is famous for being one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world. It is no secret that they have to face several earthquakes each year, yet they lead a much disciplined life. Check out these top 10 facts which will fill your heart with respect for the country.
1. 25% of Japan’s population is over 65 years old, which amounts to approximately 32 million people. Moreover, there are around 40,000 people who are over 100 years old. The oldest person alive right now is Misao Okawa(117 years old) who lives in Japan.
2. Shooting is nearly absent in Japan. Homicides involving firearms are very rare in Japan.
3. The entire country is extremely punctually. In fact, its trains follow its schedule very tightly – average delay is less than 18 seconds.
4. Japan has to face 4 earthquakes on an average per day, totalling 1,500 per year.
5. Both students and teachers together clean the cafes and classrooms in their schools, irrespective of anyone’s status.